Sunday, February 25, 2007

So I just finished a rather satirical blog on Global Warming, and now I'm here to relate some of what I've been finding in the scriptures lately. If you want to read my other piece, you can find it at http://blog.myspace.com/jeremiahmcnabb. If not, I won't hold it against you; feel free to hang around here.

I Corinthians
5:9 Here, Paul refers to a previous epistle to the Corinthians. It's too bad that it isn't extant.

6:9 This is a list of people who will not inherit the kingdom of Heaven. Paul then command Christians, then also unbelievers, to be washed, sanctified, and justified.

7:9 (What is it with the ninth verse of everything?) "Burn" with passion, as opposed to marrying. Paul makes it clear that sexual promiscuity is a slippery slope to Hell.

8:1,4: These two verses support the idea that condemnation is accountability-based.

8:9 Continues support for the premise of 8:1,4.

9:2 The word "seal" is used in an evidenciary manner. There's no implication that it's an unbreakable seal, only a marker of salvation.

9:27 "...disqualified for the prize" Note that Paul says "...so after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." He does not say "so that I myself will win first prize." Coming in second, third or last is different than being disqualified.

10:12 "Be careful that you don't fall."

10:23 This verse begins like 6:12. The first pertained to sexual immorality, the second (10:23), to food sacrificed to idols.

Continue with I Corinthians 11 by clicking HERE.

No comments: