Sunday, December 02, 2007

This is me not complaining. I just burnt up an entire weekend preparing a fiction proposal for my literary agent, Dave Robie. But you know what? I'm not complaining a bit. My novel, Cold, has been finished for a long time and I'm on my second agent. Thankfully, on the second time around, I was picked up by a great guy that is positive about my work and, more importantly, returns my e-mails in a timely manner.

Some of you that know me know how long I've been pushing to get my manuscript seen. I know, because a couple of you have been bugging me to see it for about the same length of time.

Anyway, what this means is this: my manuscript now has a proposal that can be send to the aquisition editors of various publishing houses. Once that's done, I'll be waiting for a thumbs-up from one of them. I've got a few favorites, but I know my agent will find the best ones. Hopefully, he'll be able to make something out of the chicken scratch I call a proposal (I don't know how I made formatted text into chicken scratch, but I did) and we'll get this thing I call a would-be career moving.

To all of you, thanks for hanging in there with me.



2 comments:

Yehudi said...

Good luck to you...

Jeremiah said...

Thank you very much, sir. Shalom.