Monday, September 10, 2007

My Online EarlyWarning System (OEWS) has informed me that several publishing houses are hacking their way into my hard drive in an attempt to stake a claim on my next publishable work. I suppose I could just e-mail them with a copy, but I don't want to seem desparate.

While they get right on that, let me share with you what's going on with my writing. Many of you may already be aware that I am publishing a monthly newsletter. What you are only now just finding out is that in the next few weeks, I'll be posting those articles here, on a one-month-delay-basis so you can share them with your friends after you've read them yourself. This ought to cause some discussion as anytime I mention the words "election" and "theology" together, I get some kind of response.

I've got three long-term projects on my desk, at the moment:
~Joy and Carnage: a thriller about a deadly ten-year reunion. This is the main thrust of my efforts, and the next book to be sent to my agent.
~After Me: A new and hopefully scarier twist on the old zombie tales. There's very little "Christian" message in this one. More than anything, I wanted to show what an awful thing it would be to be deprived of one's free will.
~Back In A Week: The Book For People Whose Testimonies Suck. The title says it all. Raised in church, as many are, I have a boring testimony. I've tried making up a better one, but it failed. This is my attempt to tell it as it is, with pointers on why a boring testimony is okay. It's also a book for those who have grown weary of church, wonder about coming back, but can't make up their minds to do it.

I'm also looking into doing some freelance writing for Home Journals. It's not exactly my genre, but I might make some spare cash doing what I love.

As I get more of my online commentary posted here, I'll be building a Table of Contents to make things easier for you.

Lastly, welcome to my friend Ray and Good Night.
~Jeremiah

2 comments:

Ray The Man said...

The books sound great. Maybe I will start reading with one of your books Jeremy. The main one I would be interested in is titled: Back in A Week. That is something that I have struggled with and I know others have as well. I'm proud to have you as a friend. Make sure to somehow incorporate Trappe and Cordova in at least one of your books.

- Ray

Can Opener said...

I love your line up.

Are you zombies evil through and through?