Monday, September 17, 2007

Why I've suddenly taken such an interest in the youth... (archived from newsletter, August 2007)

A few minutes ago, I was staring at my computer screen, reading three lines of text that I wrote about a month back.

Whatever we are, the church of tomorrow will be.
Whatever pride, hate, and despair we do not get rid of, the church will inherit.
Whatever love we share will be ours forever.

I don't quite recall how they came to me, I only remember typing them. But as I read them now, they stir something within me. We all daydream. One of mine that constantly returns is the thought of my life as it would have been, had I known in college what I know now. I once sat down and calculated the money I would have started my marriage with had I skipped over dating all those girls that came before my wife. Depression set in when I figured out the interest. I've learned my lesson; I try not to apply mathematics to things like that anymore.

Anyway, I've found a lot of truth in those words, and with that truth, there comes an obligation to equip them. Until my writing career really takes off, and perhaps moreso then, I'll be doing my best to make a difference in their lives.

No comments: