Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mr. Youth Leader, cover that wall!

Friday night was our teen lock-in, and it went extremely well. In the past, at various churches, we've always had to deal with some kind of drama. Not this time. I am amazed at the unity of our teens. It seems to me that it would be quite easy for fifteen teens, from four different high schools, to divide themselves into clics, but that's exactly what they did.

We started out the night with an hour of Guitar Hero, and then, at 11PM, we went to IHOP. After we returned, we focused on the night's main activity: painting the new youth room. Recently, our pastor shuffled various ministries around to give us our own room. This weekend, we painted our first wall. I had painted it black a few days earlier, in preparation. When we came back from IHOP and changed into our painting clothes, we brought out a tray of paint bottles. For the next two hours, we slung, smashed, swirled, spongued and splattered paint on the wall. I wish I had thought to take pictures so that you could see it.
A good time was had by all and I just wanted to share how proud I am of them.

No comments: